Virgin Mary in Islam
What does Islam say about Virgin Mary?
Virgin Mary according to Quran!
There are many verses in Quran that assure the position of Mary.
33. Allâh chose Adam, Nûh (Noah), the family of Ibrâhîm (Abraham) and the family of ‘Imrân above the ‘Âlamîn (mankind and jinn) (of their times)
34. Offspring, one of the other, and Allâh is All-Hearer, All-Knower
35. (Remember) when the wife of ‘Imrân said: “O my Lord! I have vowed to You what (the child that) is in my womb to be dedicated for Your services (free from all worldly work; to serve Your Place of worship), so accept this from me. Verily, You are the All-Hearer, the All-Knowing.
36. Then when she gave birth to her [child Maryam (Mary)], she said: “O my Lord! I have given birth to a female child,” – and Allâh knew better what she brought forth, – “And the male is not like the female, and I have named her Maryam (Mary), and I seek refuge with You (Allâh) for her and for her offspring from Shaitân (Satan), the outcast.
37. So her Lord (Allâh) accepted her with goodly acceptance. He made her grow in a good manner and put her under the care of Zakariyâ (Zachariya). Every time he entered Al-Mihrâb [the prayer chamber] to (visit) her, he found her supplied with sustenance. He said: “O Maryam (Mary)! From where have you got this?” She said, “This is from Allâh.” Verily, Allâh provides sustenance to whom He wills, without limit.”
Allah chose Mary above all women
42. And (remember) when the angels said: “O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allâh has chosen you, purified you (from polytheism and disbelief), and chosen you above the women of the ‘Âlamîn (mankind and jinn) (of her lifetime).
43. O Mary! “Submit yourself with obedience to your Lord (Allâh, by worshipping none but Him Alone) and prostrate yourself, and Irkâ‘i (bow down) along with Ar-Râki‘ûn (those who bow down)
44. This is a part of the news of the Ghaib (unseen, i.e. the news of the past nations of which you have no knowledge) which We reveal to you (O Muhammad (peace be upon him). You were not with them, when they cast lots with their pens as to which of them should be charged with the care of Maryam (Mary); nor were you with them when they disputed
16. And mention in the Book (the Qur’ân, O Muhammad (peace be upon him) the story of) Maryam (Mary), when she withdrew in seclusion from her family to a place facing east
Allah sent his Ruh (angel Jibril(Gabriel) to announce to Virgin Mary the gift of a righteous son Isa (Jesus).
17. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her Our Ruh [angel Jibrîl (Gabriel)], and he appeared before her in the form of a man in all respects
18. She said: “Verily! I seek refuge with the Most Gracious (Allâh) from you, if you do fear Allâh
19. (The angel) said: “I am only a messenger from your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a righteous son.
20. She said: “How can I have a son, when no man has touched me, nor am I unchaste?
21. He said: “So (it will be), your Lord said: ‘That is easy for Me (Allâh): And (We wish) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (Allâh), and it is a matter (already) decreed, (by Allâh).’
22. So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a far place (i.e. Bethlehem valley about 4-6 miles from Jerusalem.
23. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date-palm. She said: “Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight!
24. Then [the babe ‘Îsâ (Jesus) or Jibrîl (Gabriel)] cried unto her from below her, saying: “Grieve not: your Lord has provided a water stream under you
25. “And shake the trunk of date-palm towards you, it will let fall fresh ripe-dates upon you
26. “So eat and drink and be glad. And if you see any human being, say: ‘Verily! I have vowed a fast unto the Most Gracious (Allâh) so I shall not speak to any human being this day.
27. Then she brought him (the baby) to her people, carrying him. They said: “O Mary! Indeed you have brought a thing Fariyy (a mighty thing).
28. “O sister (i.e. the like) of Hârûn (Aaron)! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman
29. Then she pointed to him. They said: “How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?
Jesus himself admitted that he is a slave not a god.
30. “He [‘Îsâ (Jesus)] said: “Verily I am a slave of Allâh, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;[
31. “And He has made me blessed wheresoever I be, and has enjoined on me Salât (prayer), and Zakât(charity), as long as I live
32. “And dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblest
33. “And Salâm (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive
34. Such is ‘Îsâ (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). (It is) a statement of truth, about which they doubt (or dispute)
35. It befits not (the Majesty of) Allâh that He should beget a son [this refers to the slander of Christians against Allâh, by saying that ‘Îsâ (Jesus) is the son of Allâh]. Glorified (and Exalted) be He (above all that they associate with Him). When He decrees a thing, He only says to it: “Be!” – and it is.
36. [‘Îsâ (Jesus) said]: “And verily Allâh is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him (Alone). That is the Straight Path. (Allâh’s religion of Islâmic Monotheism which He did ordain for all of His Prophets).”