What is the true religion?
the true religion in the world
How does the person figure out the true religion?
The question of how one proceeds to figure out the true religion, while all claim to be the truth, and the use of the intellect.
Each person is born in a circumstance which is not of his own choosing. The religion of his family or the ideology of the state is thrust upon him from the very beginning of his existence in this world. By the time he reaches his teens, he is usually fully brain-washed into believing that the beliefs of his particular society are the correct beliefs that everyone should have. However, when some people mature and are exposed to other belief-systems, they begin to question the validity of their own beliefs. The seekers of truth often reach a point of confusion upon realizing that each and every religion, sect, ideology and philosophy claims to be the one and only correct way for man. Indeed, they all encourage people to do good. So, which one is right? They cannot all be right, since each claims all others are wrong. Then how does the seeker of truth choose the right way?
The most important decision in the life of a human being
God gave us all minds and intellects to enable us to make this crucial decision. It is the most important decision in the life of a human being. Upon it depends his future. Consequently, each and every one of us must examine dispassionately the evidence presented, and choose what appears to be right until further evidence arises.
Like every other religion or philosophy, Islam also claims to be the one and only true way to God. In this respect it is no different from other systems. However, it must always be kept in mind that one can only determine the true path by putting aside emotions and prejudices, which often blind us to reality. Then, and only then, will we be able to use our God-given intelligence and make a rational and correct decision.
There are several arguments which may be advanced to support Islam’s claim to be the true religion of God. The following are only three of the most obvious.
- The first argument is based on the divine origin of the names of the religion and the comprehensiveness of its meaning.
- The second deals with the unique and uncomplicated teachings concerning the relationship between God, man, and creation.
- The third argument derives from the fact that Islam is universally attainable by all men at all times.
These are the three basic components of what logic and reason dictate necessary for a religion to be considered the true religion of God.
The religion of Islam
Did God send us many religions to confuse us?
Of course not.
If you do believe there is only one God, so there is must be only one message
It was the same message from the beginning “there is only one God to worship”
This is the most central principle of Islam,
What is Islam?
- Islam is to submit to Allah in His Oneness (Monotheism) to be subservient to Him in obedience, and to shun associating any partners, rivals, and intercessors with Him. It is a religion of tolerance and ease.The most complete system of worship available to human beings today is the system found in Islam.
Although it is commonly referred to as “the third of the three monotheistic faiths, it’s not a new religion at all. It is the religion brought by all of the prophets of God for humankind.
All the Prophets and Messengers to call for the worship of Allah alone
- Allah sent all the Prophets and Messengers to call for the worship of Allah alone, and to bring people from darkness to light. The first of these Messengers was Noah and the last of them was Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) as Allah said (interpretation of the meaning):
- “And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): ‘Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taaghoot (all false deities, i.e. do not worship Taaghoot besides Allah)’”
- In Islam, we believe that all the prophets were Muslims, so prophets such as Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus (peace be upon them all) were all Muslims. Some people might ask how were they Muslims, when Islam began 1400 years ago with the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the desert of Arabia?
Islam started from the first prophet, Adam
Some clarification is needed here, as Muslims, we believe that the Quran was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), and that he was the last and final messenger, we do not believe that Islam started with him. Islam started from the first prophet, Adam, and continued until the Prophet Muhammad.
All of these prophets, we believe, represented the same God, the one and true God that had sent them, to preach to the masses, and to allow the masses to know their creator. That’s why as Muslims, we say we believe in the same God as Jews and Christians; we believe that the source for Moses and Jesus, was the same source, the same God for Muhammad peace be upon them all.
All of the prophets were a continuation of each other, each sent to their own people and tribe, with the same message of teaching and correcting the people’s understanding of the one and true God.
So Noah was sent to his own people, Moses was sent to his own people, Jesus was sent to his own people, and all of them were sent by the same God, the same God that sent the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) with the same message.
The only differences between the prophets
The only differences between the prophets was in the revelation they were given, not the contents of the main message. For example, Moses was given the Torah, Jesus the Gospel,
* And [recall] when We gave Moses the Scripture and criterion that perhaps you would be guided. Quran (2:53).
* And We did certainly give Moses the Torah and followed up after him with messengers. And We gave Jesus, the son of Mary, clear proofs and supported him with the Pure Spirit. But is it [not] that every time a messenger came to you, [O Children of Israel], with what your souls did not desire, you were arrogant? And a party [of messengers] you denied and another party you killed. Quran (2:87).
David the Psalms, and lastly the Prophet Muhammad was given the Quran. So they were given different books by God, but with the same underlying message about the one true God.
Other differences between the prophets
Other differences between the prophets was also on the rules and regulations, so for example, some of the rules and regulations, i.e. The law, given to Moses for the Israelites, differed with the rules and regulations given to Jesus, and then lastly the rules and regulations given to the Prophet Muhammad was different to that of Moses and Jesus. But even though some of the rules and regulations were different between the prophets, overall the regulations and rules are quite similar; one only has to look at kosher laws with that of the Sharia, to find the many similarities in the rules and regulations between Judaism and Islam.
So in essence we do not believe the prophets brought different religions or different messages, all of them were given the same basic message, but in different forms (Torah, Gospel, Quran), and at different times, and to different groups of people.
We as Muslims believe that all prophets are linked together in a united brotherhood, not separate or in competition with each other, but all complimenting each other. As the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) described the prophets, they are the bricks that complete the house, all together and united.
Surely Allah’s religion is Islam “.Quran 3:19
Allah sent only one single religion through his prophets “Islam “. It is this one religion that all the messengers and prophets of Allah brought.
Who is Allah the God!!
Let me tell you about Almighty God The Greatest,
who created you from nothingness ,saved you in the womb of your mother
,gave you hearing, sight, mind and heart,and Honored you over all other creatures.
Almighty God is One,Unique and Perfect.
- God has no partners, no equals and no rivals.God has no father,No mother.
No sons nor daughters,No wives, No family.God is perfect,does not eat,
nor drinks,nor sleeps.
God alone is worthy of all worship.
- He is not like a man.He is not an idol.He is not a trinity.
He is the Most Powerful who created the entire universe, stars, galaxies, skies and all living beings and to him belongs all the perfect/good attributes.
- God is able to do all things, and he is the one who gives life and death.
- God has full authority and power over all things.
Obedience to God does not increase His Power, nor does disobedience decrease His power.
- God is the Most High
There is nothing above or comparable to God. The attributes of God do not resemble that of His creation. No part of God is present in anyone or anything.
- God is Perfect
God does not have any human limitations, such as resting on the seventh day after He created the universe.
God always maintains attributes of perfection and does not do anything to compromise this perfection such as “becoming a man” as claimed by other religions.God does not do ungodly acts, so if God became man and took on human attributes, he would, necessarily, no longer be God.
- God is All Mighty
Who overpowers everything and who can’t be overcome.He is unbeatable ,and nothing can prevent Him from fulfilling what He wants.
The relationship between God and his creation
“And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me – indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided.”Quran(2:186)
He is so near to us
He even knows what is in your heart without saying it.
“And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than [his] jugular vein” ( 50:16 )
The heart reassures when it is certain that God hears detailed complaints, faint groans, and silent sighing.
- He is the Most Merciful ، The Most Forgiving.We need this , because all of us make sins and need to repent to our Lord.So when we commit a sin or fall short in our worship to Allah . We repent to him , knowing that he is the Most Merciful , The Most Forgiving.
How do we repent?
- Just ask for forgiveness , and He forgives us .No mediator in between .
It’s just you and him,One to one relationship.
Allah says in Quran :
” Say, “O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”(39:53)
The meaning of the word Allah
- We call God in Arabic “Allah” which means Almighty God.
- The word Allah is a standard translation of the English word Almighty God .
- The word Allah is used by all Arab speakers from all faiths, including Arab Christians and Arab Jews, and both Muslims and Jews agree that Allah is not a trinity God.
Islam is universally attainable by all men at all times.
Islam is not a new religion or cult. It is a universal way of life and civilization. Studies show that between 1.5 and 1.8 billion people in the world identify their religion as Islam.
through Prophet Abraham and back to the first humans Adam and Eve.
And Allah said to his prophet Muhammad peace be upon him(pbuh) in Quran;107. And We have sent you (O Muhammad peace be upon him): not but as a mercy for the ‘Âlamîn (mankind, jinn and all that exists).